Friday, October 31, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
1. who are you? amanda, 29, hopeful dreamer...colorful charmer
2. what is your look? hmm, always changing but I tend to stay simple with bigger accessories--like costume jewelry, sunglasses or ruffles, lace and fur.
3. you like to shop at: vintage shops, wasteland, other people's closets, net-a-porter, anything online
4. current obsessions: fur vests, boleros, boots, headscarves, pearls, feathers, cheap shoes, the entire elizabeth&james collection
5. on your ipod: anything loud and boomie i can run to...justin timberlake, chris brown, aretha franklin, m.i.a, old madonna, the beatles, beyonce
6. style inspiration: giambattista valli, art, punk rockers, music
7. city that inspires your style: little bit of alabama mixed with cali and a side of paris
8. fave piece in your closet: right now, re-worked vintage ruffled bolero
9. recent purchases: black head scarf with white star print, brocade jacket, watermelon purse
10. you will never be seen wearing: high waisted denim....i'm too short
11. style icon is: rachel bilson because she always looks cute, comfy and most importantly effortless
12. can't live without: boots, pretty panties, red shoes
13. if you can own any one thing where price doesn't matter, what would it be? vintage chanel jewelry...there is an amazing chunky gold charm bracelet that i would wear everyday if i could.
**bored and lack of material=self survey.....
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Economic downfall = Shop wisely!! Here a few items I scrounged up that are super cute and under budget. Enjoy!
Rapscallion by Samantha Pleet Trench $148
byCorpus Flash Pant $88
Silence & Noise Tail Blazer $68
Silence & Noise Burnout Cardi $48
BDG Red Raw Cigarette Jean $54
Silence & Noise Beaded Tunic $58
Forever 21 Stripes Cardi $29.90
Urban Outfitters Argyle Socks $12
Fred Perry Bowling Bag $69.99
Silence & Noise Watercolor Skirt $68
Urban Outfitters Headscarf $12.99
Cable Stitch Beret $24
Forever 21 Metallic Trim Plaid Scarf $8.80
Stamped Initial Studs $16
Urban Outfitters Criss Cross Woven Oxford Heel $88
UO Plastic Wide Frame Sunglasses $18
Frye Lisa T-Strap Heel $158
**click image for bigger view**
Monday, October 27, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Shareen Vintage, my fave thrifty, opened a Venice location. Her big warehouse is still open in downtown LA, but the westside location is stocked full of goodies!!! I don't know how she finds such amazing stuff. It's like playing dress-up in there....lace slips, fur coats, hats, vintage jewels, cocktail dresses, boots, boots and boots!!! If you happen to live in West LaLa, Thursday nights from 5-10 pm there will be nibbles and vino whilst you peruse the wonderfulness.
*suede western boots with just the right amount of heel
*an adorable oblong peachy handbag with gold horse bit hardware
*an embroidered vest with fringe that looks rad over a long white tee
*super chunky gold spiral necklace that makes me feel like cleopatra
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Aries:The old you is back this week, with a Full Moon in your sign midweek, bringing out your unique individuality. In every way possible, from what you wear, how you wear it, to the choices you make every day, you are screaming 'this is me, like it or not'. You're not dressing to impress anyone but you.
Hmmm. I'd be impressing myself a lot more if I was sportin' this pink poofy by Giambattista Valli.
For your fashion horoscope go to: Free Fashion Horoscope
Monday, October 13, 2008
It's cold and windy today in Santa Monica and I need a warm, soft, furry, puffy, snuggle bunny to keep me warm.
1. Lanvin-really expensive
2. TopShop Faux Fur Swing Coat
3. Suede Faux Fur Gilet by New Look
4. Old Navy Fur Puffer Hoodie
5. Vivre Fox Fur---eeek I'm allergic
6. Burberry Shaved Fur Coat at Net-a-Porter
7. Vivre Rabbit Fur
8. Debenhams Chocolate Faux Fur Gilet
Friday, October 10, 2008
i don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too
Thursday i don't care about you
it's Friday, i'm in love
Monday you can fall apart
Tuesday, Wednesday break my heart
Thursday doesn't even start
it's Friday i'm in love
Booties by Manolo Blahnik
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
1. Valentino Petale Rose Tote: This cuteness is out of control. I want to eat it.
2. Valentino Noeud d'Amore Clutch: Holiday! Celebrate! If we took a holiday. Took some time to celebrate. Just one day out of life. It would be, it would be sooooo nice.
3. Salvatore Ferragamo Ikat Cavellino Tote: Hand it over immediately.
4. Prada Tessuto Tote: Star pleating, my friends. J'adore!
5. Chloe Heloise Medium Shoulder Tote: Nice 'n' Buttery like a biscuit. Yummy!
***All Available at Neiman Marcus***
So I've been on a hunt for a new shade of lipstick for Fall. I found it...Medieval by the Lipstick Queen!! The Lipstick Queen has concocted the most perf blend of Vitamin E and red pigment to create the look of sensual, red cherry lips. I read about it in last month's Nylon, ordered it online and it came today! It doesn't feel or taste like lipstick which is a biggie for me---hate bad tasting lipstick. Its like chapstick but way kissier.
Available at Lipstick Queen
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
I made a purple leather clutch! Considering this is my first attempt and that I'm working with my Grandmother's Kenmore sewing machine circa 1950, I'm really quite proud. I don't have the correct presser foot for my machine that handles leather, so the leather kept bunching up causing my stitches to be all wonky. However, it turned out kinda cute and I stuck a vintage brooch on to serve as the fastener until I learn how to make a snap or zipper closure. Yuppeee!
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Just hours after the Louis Vuitton show, i-D magazine's Francesca Burns and POP magazine's Victoria Young were spotted outside in Louis Vuitton's new bad-ass tribal footwear. They must be super special ladies...or they tackled some models backstage and ran off with their scoots.
Source: Jak and Jil
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
My leggings from last year have about had it. Hole-y crotch=Creeperiffic. So, I did some hunting. I've never bought a nice pair of leggings....hence the distress of every pair I currently own. I think I will buy some basic cheap ones and maybe a fancy pair of either the David Lerner Tuxedo style or the ones with the flashy gold zips. I don't know though--because I really heart the Contour Leggings(#12) because of that nifty quilted patch at the bottom. Cheaper side, I'm really digging the Lauren Conrad and American Apparel basics because they look like they have a low waist on them. Tough call, girlies, tough call. (click pic to see bigger)
1. Pencey Leggings $136, Revolve Clothing
2. C&C California $55, Revolve Clothing
3. Modal Legging $24.50, Delias.com
4. 6126 by Lindsay Lohan $123, Intuition
5. Lna Zip Legging $108, Lisa Kline
6. Nordstrom Over the Heel Tights $12, Nordstrom
7. Lauren Conrad Long Legging $57, Shopbop.com
8. Acrylic Blend Cable Knit $38, American Apparel
9. Baby Thermal Legging $26, American Apparel
10. David Lerner Tuxedo Legging $79, Singer 22
11. Shiny Black $28, Rampage
12. Contour Leggings $265, Shopbop.com
These boots are killer!!! With their vintage inspired design and perfect amount of heel, they will surely go with everything in my closet and yours. Too bad I just purchased a new pair of black boots or I'd be all over these beauts.
Available at Nasty Gal.